Landscape Planner/Architect – Northern California
HELIX is seeking a mid-level Landscape Planner or Landscape Architect to join the team in one of our northern California office locations (Folsom or Roseville). While this position is preferred to be based in one of our northern California office locations, qualified candidates located in our other office regions (San Diego, Riverside, Orange County or Pasadena) will be considered. HELIX offers a flexible schedule of in-office and remote work. HELIX provides landscape architecture, environmental planning, biological resources, regulatory compliance, habitat restoration, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our landscape architecture group works on a range of high-quality and environmentally-focused design and planning projects including parks, trails, plazas, streetscapes, habitat restoration, residential, and commercial developments.
We are looking for a creative, organized, and motivated designer and project manager to work as part of our design team on our full suite of planning and design services including conceptual plans, construction documents, construction assistance, master plans, and management plans for a wide range of projects. The position will involve project management, conceptual design, construction documents, site evaluation, construction observation, research, report writing, and public outreach events. Additionally, the position will include preparation of scopes, proposals, and other marketing materials.
Our team culture is rooted in collaboration and communication, so this position is best suited for a candidate with a positive attitude, strong verbal, graphic, and written communication skills, and the ability to work with a team. This individual must have the ability to coordinate effectively with other project managers, and to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified deadlines. Attention to detail, including strong spelling, proofreading, and organizational skills, is required. The applicant must be a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. A test of practical skills may be required of final candidates.
Please submit a cover letter and work sample in addition to your resume. Work samples shall be a maximum of 10 pages, size 8.5×11 in PDF format not exceeding 10 Mb and include a minimum of 5 work samples.
- Degree in landscape architecture (or equivalent experience).
- Five years of experience in landscape design.
- At least 2 years of project management experience as the person responsible for project or task budget, schedule, deliverables, and client contact.
- Competence in preparation of all aspects of construction documents, including layout, grading, irrigation, planting, details, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of northern California native and ornamental plants commonly used in the landscape.
- Understanding of MWELO requirements.
- Experience designing public and commercial projects
Additional qualifications considered a plus
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, LandF/X, Adobe Creative Suite, or Sketchup
- Experience or coursework in ecology, biology, land use planning, environmental engineering, and related topics
- Knowledge of Southern California or Nevada native and ornamental plants commonly used in the landscape
- Experience planning and facilitating public outreach events.
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Licensure in California or successful completion of one or more LARE Sections
- ReScape (Bay Friendly or River Friendly) qualification
- SITES certification
- Irrigation auditor certification
- ISA Certified Arborist or ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist
- Experience preparing scopes, proposals, and other business development tasks.
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and work sample in addition to your resume. Work samples shall be a maximum of 10 pages, size 8.5×11 in PDF format not exceeding 10 Mb and include a minimum of 5 work samples. Get started by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.