Habitat Restoration Assistant Project Manager – San Diego County
HELIX’s Construction Group is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Project Manager to join our habitat restoration team at our headquarters office in La Mesa, California.
The Assistant Project Manager provides support to our Project Managers in planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budgets. This position will be responsible for working on project sites, as well as completing duties in the office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Field evaluation and hands-on involvement in habitat restoration activities such as installation of irrigation systems, installation of temporary fences, removal of unwanted plant material, grading and leveling soil, collection and installation of seed, installation of storm water BMP’s, etc.
- Assistance in communicating project information with team members in the field
- Supervision of native habitat construction and maintenance crews and project sites
- Participation in project management and cost estimating
- Preparation of proposals
- Pre/Post proposal job walks
- Project quality assurance
- Attend occasional meetings with HELIX and/or client staff
- Create and maintain positive new client interactions
- Research and pursue business opportunities
- Effectively handle multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Maintain and submit accurate logs and reports
- Plan reading and take off
- Assisting with some accounting and administrative tasks as assigned
- You will also complete other tasks deemed appropriate by HELIX which are necessary for the successful operation of the firm
- A Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources/ Environmental Science or related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology not acceptable)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in varying terrain
- Valid California driver license with a clean driving record over the last 3 years
Additional Skills considered a plus:
- Native plant and construction knowledge
- Work experience in a natural resources, environmental science, or related field
- Intern, volunteer or research experience (outside of academic requirements) in a natural resources, environmental science, or related field
- Prior hands-on construction or restoration experience
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
$20-22/hour, or dependent on experience. Great benefit package included.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a skill assessment test, reference check, and a driving record evaluation. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and/or fax: 619-462-0552.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.