Environmental Project Manager – Southern California
HELIX is seeking a Environmental Project Manager to support the high-quality consultant teams in our southern California locations (Irvine, Pasadena, Carlsbad and La Mesa), working from our Irvine office. HELIX offers environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, and GIS services to both the public and private clients across a variety of sectors. Our Environmental Planning Group prepares documentation and technical analyses in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a wide range of projects including transportation, energy/utilities and water/wastewater facilities, planned communities, residential and mixed-use projects, commercial/industrial development, educational facilities, agricultural and mining operations, and military facilities.
The successful applicant(s) will be responsible for managing the preparation and processing of CEQA/NEPA compliance documents and related technical studies, as well as assisting other Project Managers with their projects. Duties include document preparation; coordination with other environmental planning staff, in-house technical specialists, and subconsultants; as well as interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Proposal preparation and business development are also required, and the successful applicant(s) must possess the experience, basic communication skills, and interest for these activities.
The Environmental Project Manager position(s) require an individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents (not including technical studies), including at least 1 year of project management experience. Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities. Experience with a variety of infrastructure and development project types, CEQA and/or NEPA document types, and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Please note that this is not a laboratory, environmental testing/field compliance, or hazardous materials studies/management position.
Minimum Requirements for Environmental Project Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents, including at least 1 year of experience in the preparation of proposals and management of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance projects.
- Knowledge of the California environmental and regulatory setting, obtained through directly related work experience within that setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional skills considered a plus
- Master’s or PhD degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
- Experience in leading proposals and business pursuits, and the marketing of consulting services.
- Extensive work experience within Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, and/or Riverside counties.
- Existing, enduring client relationships.
Dependent on experience (DOE)
All candidates must submit a cover letter with their resume. Click “Apply Now” below to get started.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.