Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist – Southern California
HELIX is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist to join our Southern California team.
The Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist responsibilities will include: preparation and processing of Clean Water Act and California Fish and Game Code permit applications; leading federal and state Endangered Species Act consultations and permitting; representing clients in meetings and phone calls with regulatory permitting agencies; developing and negotiating mitigation strategies; tracking schedules and budgets; interfacing with biologists, GIS specialists and other environmental technical experts regarding biological studies and permit processing; and managing project contracts. The position will also require business development, preparation of proposals and related marketing support, and management of multidisciplinary teams of biologists and other consultants. Production of high-quality work products and the provision of excellent client service are mandatory.
Candidates must have the ability to manage the permit processes on multiple projects, work well with others on teams; and be able to complete projects on schedule and within budget. Candidates must have strong client and agency relationships, and must have the technical expertise, enthusiasm, and persistence to effectively manage environmental permitting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in an environmental science, biology, or related field.
- Ten or more years’ experience in the federal and state wetlands permitting, endangered species permitting, or environmental planning field.
- Expert level knowledge of wetland and endangered species regulations in California.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Strong client and agency relationships.
Additional Skills Considered A Plus
- A Master’s degree or higher in environmental science, natural resources, or related field
- Field expertise in performing jurisdictional delineations, focused species surveys, and/or habitat restoration.
- Proven success in business development
- Ability and desire to grow into a position with increasing supervisory and management responsibilities
Dependent on experience (DOE); great benefits package included
Qualified candidates must apply online with a resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” below. A writing test may be required of all final candidates.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.