Habitat Restoration Lead – Riverside County
HELIX’s Construction Group, is seeking a highly motivated Habitat Restoration Lead with critical thinking skills and a strong work ethic to join our team in Riverside, California. This position provides direct support to the Restoration Supervisor.
We pride ourselves on commitment to excellence. To make it happen, we know it takes a team and diligent effort. We all roll up our sleeves, at every level of the company, and we jump in to support each other along the way. Do you want to be a part of this team? HELIX provides, habitat restoration, biological consulting, landscape architecture, cultural resource management, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, CEQA/NEPA acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
- 5 + yrs. landscape experience
- 3 + yrs. irrigation systems experience: installation, layout, valves, controller, troubleshooting etc.
- 2 + yrs. in a lead position
- Able to operate a smart phone, electronic devices (tablet, iPad, computer, etc.)
- Plan reading and take off experience
- Grading and planting experience
- Knowledge of BMP’s
- Mechanical skills
- Must be able to operate small equipment
- Minor electrical experience
- Fence installation experience
- Must have leadership and organizational skills
- Be safety minded
- Good writing and communication skills
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in a variety outdoor weather conditions
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Walk in a variety of uneven surfaces and slopes
- Knowledge of native plants and weed species a plus
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record over the last three years
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
$22-24/hour, or dependent on experience. Excellent benefits package included.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a drug screening and driving record verification. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must send their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or fax: 619-462-0552.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. HELIX strongly encourages vaccination against COVID-19 for our employees, and we will request your vaccination status and a copy of your vaccination card, if vaccinated, at the start of your employment. If you are unvaccinated, you will need to wear a mask and practice social distancing when in a HELIX office or vehicle. Additionally, HELIX follows state, local, federal, and other client requirements and, therefore, if their vaccine requirements change, ours will adjust accordingly.