IT Specialist and Developer – Northern California
HELIX is looking for an IT Specialist and Developer with a broad knowledge of, and passion for, networking, endpoint troubleshooting, and system administration. The focus of this position will be on supporting HELIX’s northern California users and IT infrastructure, as well as developing new integrations and apps using Office 365’s Power Platform, REST APIs, and more.
Do you love all things IT? Are you looking to broaden your experience but feel stuck or limited in an IT sub-department silo? Do you have a lot of experience with IT Support but are looking for opportunities to code and program? If you are:
- Creative and solutions driven
- Always researching new technology
- Have a deep love for learning more about the ever-changing landscape of IT
- Self-motivated and a quick study
- Able to thrive in collaborative and independent work environments
- Passionate about teaching users how enhance their processes with new software and automation
Then you may be the perfect candidate to join our team! This is a full-time position and will be working with the IT Manager and Tech Support Specialist to support the existing infrastructure, end-user’s computers, mobile devices, and software, involving both remote and onsite troubleshooting, as well as developing new technologies. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team environment with a strong attention to detail and great interpersonal communication skills.
HELIX is a California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, and we offer environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, and GIS services to both the public and private clients across a variety of sectors.
Information Technology Specialist & Developer Duties:
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor
- Be pro-active in identifying opportunities for departments to solve problems with automation and cross-application integrations
- Maintain and support existing company-wide Intranet along with various existing Web applications
- Provide end-user training and support for existing and new applications (internal and external)
- SharePoint Online administration: creation and curation of lists, libraries, and site content
- Work in a team environment and willing to teach end users, including the ability to communicate and teach non-technical users
- End user hardware and software support
- Datacenter administration, and branch office backup maintenance
- Write and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation
- Promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs
Minimum Qualifications for IT Specialist and Developer position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent work experience) with at least 3+ years’ experience with the following:
- SharePoint administration and development
- Supporting Microsoft Windows 10 OS
- Supporting Microsoft Office 365 Apps
- Experience in administration of Office 365 Environment
- Must have prior experience with hardware and software issue resolution
- Must display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
Additional qualifications considered a plus:
- Familiar with Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) and Microsoft Power Apps.
- Familiar with MSSQL Server and have experience writing queries and stored procedures
- Desire for increasing levels of responsibility and complexity
- Information Technology Industry Certifications
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply online with a resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.