Administrative Coordinator – San Diego County
HELIX’s Construction Group is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator to join our team at our La Mesa Headquarters office in San Diego County. HELIX provides, habitat restoration, biological, landscape architecture, cultural resource management, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, CEQA/NEPA acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for managing and overseeing a variety of administrative, operational, and human resources tasks for our Construction Group. This position will report to the Human Resources Manager and interact with our administration team, marketing team and field supervisors and operations management. The ideal candidate should have excellent organization skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administrative duties will include purchasing, equipment management, fleet management and travel arrangements.
- Human Resources duties will include timesheet data entry, expense report processing, assisting with new hire paperwork and data entry and assisting with planning and executing company events.
- Field Operations duties include assisting field supervisors with updating logs and maintaining appropriate inventory for herbicides, field personnel personal protection equipment (PPE), and other miscellaneous supplies, as well as additional tasks as assigned.
- Marketing duties include assisting with preparation of research and form completion for proposal efforts, as necessary.
- Assist Construction Group with other administrative tasks as needed
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment providing administrative support for a group
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Purchasing experience
Dependent on experience (DOE); comprehensive benefits package included
Qualified candidates must apply online with a resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.