Senior Proposal Coordinator – San Diego County
HELIX is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Coordinator to join our San Diego County office located in La Mesa, California.
The Senior Proposal Coordinator will be a part of the Marketing & Communications team and will report directly to the Senior Marketing Manager. The Senior Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for the development and production of proposals and statements of qualifications for a variety of sectors and services. This position requires superior writing and editing skills (technical writing experience a plus), strong interpersonal skills, coordination with a variety of staff across the organization, the ability to work independently and coordinate cross-functional teams, and the management of multiple concurrent deadlines.
The Senior Proposal Coordinator, working with the Senior Marketing Manager, Proposal Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and the firm’s technical staff, will:
- Coordinate each phase of the proposal development process, supporting all of HELIX’s services and sectors
- Analyze RFPs and identify proposal requirements
- Initiate kick-off meetings, develop and manage proposal schedules and milestones, and coordinate proposal contributors including subconsultants
- Develop proposal templates and write non-technical sections of proposals to include cover letters, firm capabilities, project descriptions, staff resumes, and other qualifications information
- Gather content from a variety of writers and sources, and edit to produce persuasive copy with a consistent voice and tone
- Format and edit all sections (including technical content) to produce a complete and responsive proposal document and ensure accuracy, quality, and compliance with all RFP requirements
- Work with Graphics/Production Manager to develop supporting materials including covers, tabs, CDs, charts, and graphics and oversee production/QA of final documents
- Manage submission of proposal materials, and capture and track proposal data in CRM database
- 4-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related and proven professional experience (proposal preparation, development, writing, and coordination) with a preference for A/E/C industry experience
- Superior writing, editing, and grammar skills, with knowledge of common writing styles and experience in messaging for proposals to create persuasive copy
- Experience collaborating with senior management on strategic pursuits
- Ability to pass a writing test/exercise
- Advance skills in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat, and high proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe InDesign
- Pro-active self-starter who enjoys helping others
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Superior time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and with diverse teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple deadlines
- Exhibits a passion for detail and accuracy
Additional Skills Considered a Plus:
- Proposal preparation experience for an environmental consulting firm
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience, especially Deltek Vision
- Capture planning experience
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply and send resume and cover letter through CareerBuilder.com, accessible by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.