Senior Level Environmental Project Manager – San Diego County
HELIX is currently seeking an experienced Senior Level Environmental Project Manager to join our San Diego County team (for either our La Mesa or Carlsbad offices).
This will be a senior position within the San Diego County Environmental Planning Group, reporting to a Group Manager, and with direct responsibility for business development, maintenance of client relationships, and project management, working with the other members of the San Diego Environmental Planning Group staff, as well as staff and specialists in our other Divisions and offices throughout California. Our environmental planning staff prepare CEQA/NEPA compliance and related environmental documents for a wide range of projects including private sector residential, commercial and industrial development; water/wastewater, transportation, storm water, and energy/utilities facilities; public plans and programs; educational facilities; and military facilities.
- Manage large CEQA/NEPA compliance projects and on-call contracts, and assist others in the completion of environmental documents as needed, completing high-quality work products on time and within budget, to HELIX standards and to the satisfaction of CEQA lead agencies/HELIX clients.
- Build relationships with key clients. Identify, target, and develop preferred new clients with significant opportunities. Play an active role in strengthening key client relationships. Participate in negotiation and closing of high-priority contracts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and participate in business development and marketing efforts as assigned by the Group Manager to assist in growing/maintaining HELIX’s client base.
- Prepare proposals/qualifications submittals as applicable, and manage or participate in interviews to help the company win contracts and meet sales and profit goals.
- Successfully represent HELIX in communications and meetings with existing/prospective clients and public agencies in support of project, proposal, and business development efforts.
- Coordinate with environmental planning, GIS, word processing, graphics, biology, cultural resources, habitat restoration, accounting, and other HELIX staff and managers, as well as subconsultants, as necessary for the completion of proposals and projects.
- Ensure the quality of the work products that you prepare and assist in quality assurance reviews of work products produced by others.
- Develop, maintain, and update professional knowledge in CEQA and NEPA compliance and related environmental services topics.
- Assist in training staff.
- Work as a team member and collaborate with the other groups in San Diego County and help to foster a positive and professional work atmosphere.
- Complete required administrative tasks on time and to the satisfaction of the administrative managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing CEQA and NEPA compliance programs and preparing high quality CEQA and NEPA documents, including at least 5 years of experience as a CEQA/NEPA consultant.
- Strong business development experience, with existing productive client relationships in San Diego County.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of southern California environmental and regulatory settings, with related environmental/planning work experience within that setting.
- True collaborator and team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
- Ability to complete projects within time and budget constraints
- Strong client and agency relationships
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Proven experience managing large-scale, multi-disciplinary projects
Additional Qualifications Considered a Plus:
- Master’s degree or higher in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field
- American Institute of Certified Planners or Certified Environmental Planner certification
- Existing productive client relationships in Riverside, Orange, San Bernardino, and/or Los Angeles counties
- Experience processing state and federal environmental resource agency permit applications
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience in the preparation and management of environmental documents (and associated productive client relationships) with respect to any of the following types of projects: transportation; private development; energy; military; general or community plans; and climate action plans
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply through CareerBuilder.com, accessible by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage minorities, females, veterans, and disabled persons to apply.