Landscape Habitat Restoration Lead – San Diego
HELIX is currently seeking an experienced Landscape Habitat Restoration Lead to join our Construction Group located in San Diego County.
The Landscape Habitat Restoration Lead is a member of the leadership team responsible for directing the completion of habitat restoration projects and leading teams. Responsibilities include the day-to-day planning and guidance of a habitat restoration project site; monitoring crew work assignments; managing project priorities and deadlines to achieve project goals; communicating project related information; and maintaining accurate logs and reports. Additionally, the Landscape Habitat Restoration Lead assists crews with the removal of unwanted plant material (e.g., weed removal), installation of seeds and plant cuttings, and the installation of fences. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of project stakeholders, including the public, as well as other duties, as assigned.
- 2 years experience in landscaping
- Knowledge of native and non-native plants
- Experience leading a crew of 4-5 people
- Experience performing manual labor
- Experience in the use of motorized equipment and hand tools
- Experience with irrigation including repair and trouble-shooting
- Experience in effective use of herbicides (including mixing, loading, application, and cleaning)
- Valid California driver’s license
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to us by clicking “Apply Now” below, or fax your information to 619-462-0552.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.