GIS Technician – San Diego
HELIX is currently seeking a GIS Technician to join our San Diego County headquarters office located in La Mesa.
The HELIX GIS team offers GIS and cartographic services for technical reports, including vegetation and sensitive resource mapping, analyses of project impacts, and development of resource management and mitigation plans. This position requires design, layout and production of GIS datasets and cartographic output. Attention to detail, including strong spelling skills, is required. HELIX is seeking a reliable, self-motivated individual with a positive attitude. This individual will have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple planning project managers, and to prioritize and complete high quality work within specified deadlines. A test of practical skills will be required of final candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Environmental Science or Biology
- Entry level (0-2 years), with working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop 10.x
- Work, intern or academic experience in the following areas:
- Analyzing data within ArcGIS Desktop using geoprocessing tools
- Ability to incorporate, edit and manage various types of data into GIS
- Understanding of cartography, map design, and coordinate systems
- GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files
- Using ArcGIS Online for Organizations
- Familiarity within the Southern California geographic environment, including mapping within that setting, and knowledge of relevant data sources
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Work experience in the environmental consulting industry
- AutoCAD Map
- Adobe Creative Suite
- ArcGIS Server
- Modelbuilder or other types of programming/customization
- Graduate degree in GIS
- SQL Database experience
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates should apply through CareerBuilder by sending a cover letter and resume using the “Apply Now” link below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons to apply.