Environmental Project Managers – San Diego & Orange County
HELIX is seeking one or more Environmental Project Managers to support the high-quality consultant teams in our San Diego County offices (located in La Mesa and Carlsbad, California) and our Orange County office (located in Irvine, California).
The Environmental Project Managers will be responsible for managing the preparation and processing of CEQA/NEPA compliance documents and related technical studies, as well as assisting other Project Managers with their projects. Duties include document preparation; coordination with other environmental planning staff, in-house technical specialists and subconsultants, as well as interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Proposal preparation and business development are also required, and the successful applicant(s) must possess the experience, basic communication skills and interest for these activities.
The Project Manager position(s) require an individual with a minimum of 5 years experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents (not including technical studies), including at least 3 years of project management experience. If substantial additional experience is demonstrated, the individual may qualify as a Senior Project Manager. Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities. Experience with a variety of infrastructure and development project types, CEQA and/or NEPA document types and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and experience working in a team-oriented environment. Please note that this is not a laboratory, environmental testing/field compliance, or hazardous materials studies/management position. Experience working within the southern California environmental and regulatory setting is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents, including at least 3 years of experience in the preparation of proposals and management of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of the southern California environmental and regulatory setting.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additional Skills Considered a Plus:
- Master’s or PhD degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
- Experience in leading proposals and business pursuits, and the marketing of consulting services.
- Experience preparing CEQA/NEPA compliance documents for transportation projects including highway, transit and/or airport improvements; private sector development projects; and water infrastructure improvements.
- Extensive work experience within Orange, Los Angeles, and San Diego counties.
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply and send resume and cover letter through CareerBuilder.com, accessible by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.