Environmental Planning Group Manager – Orange County
HELIX is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Planning Group Manager for our Orange County office located in Irvine.
The Environmental Planning Group Manager will be a member of the HELIX leadership team, reporting directly to the southern California Planning Division Manager and with direct responsibility for growing and managing HELIX’s first environmental planning group within the Orange County office, including business development, staff recruitment, and financial performance for the group, working with the existing Orange County telecommunications and biology groups and the San Diego County (headquarters) environmental planning groups at HELIX. Our environmental planning staff prepare CEQA/NEPA compliance and related environmental documents for a wide range of projects including private sector residential, commercial and industrial development; water/wastewater, transportation, storm water, and energy/utilities facilities; public plans and programs; educational facilities; and military facilities.
- Develop and implement a business plan to include targeted clients and project pursuits, as well as tactics to raise HELIX’s profile in the area with regard to environmental planning services.
- Lead environmental planning business development and marketing efforts for the Orange County office and support multi-disciplinary marketing/business development efforts for the company as a whole.
- Manage and recruit Orange County environmental planning staff, which may include environmental planners, and noise and air quality specialists.
- Prepare proposals/qualifications submittals as applicable, and manage or participate in interviews to help your group, office and the company win contracts and meet sales and profit goals.
- Build relationships with key clients. Identify, target and develop preferred new clients with significant opportunities. Play an active role in strengthening key client relationships. Participate in negotiation and closing of high-priority contracts.
- Manage large projects and on-call contracts, completing high-quality work products on time and within budget, to HELIX standards and to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Ensure that HELIX’s high quality standards are maintained on all work products managed by you or your staff.
- Successfully represent HELIX in communications and meetings with existing/prospective clients and public agencies in support of project, proposal and business development efforts.
- Work with Human Resources to address personnel matters within the group, including hiring, terminations, performance management and staff supervision and training. Complete/perform annual performance reviews for direct reports in a timely manner.
- Work as a team and collaborate with the other groups in the Orange County office and help to foster a positive and professional work atmosphere.
- Complete required administrative tasks on time and to the satisfaction of the administrative managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field
- Minimum of ten years of experience managing CEQA and NEPA compliance programs and preparing high quality CEQA and NEPA documents, including at least five years of experience as a CEQA/NEPA consultant.
- Strong business development experience; existing productive client relationships in Orange, Los Angeles and/or Riverside counties; and excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of southern California environmental and regulatory settings, with related environmental/planning work experience within that setting.
Additional Qualifications Considered a Plus:
- Master’s degree or higher in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
- American Institute of Certified Planners or Certified Environmental Planner
- Proven experience managing large-scale, multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience processing state and federal environmental resource agency permit applications
- Experience managing direct reports
- Expertise in the preparation and management of noise, GHG, climate change and/or air quality technical studies, testing and related services.
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply through LinkedIn, accessible by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage minorities, females, veterans, and disabled persons to apply.