Biology Project Manager – San Diego
HELIX is currently seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Biology Project Manager to join our San Diego County headquarters office located in La Mesa.
The Biology Project Manager responsibilities include managing biological resources-related projects, preparing biological technical reports and plans in accordance with agency requirements, and serving as biological resources lead during environmental review of projects by the appropriate jurisdictions and agencies. The position also will include resource agency consultation and permitting, client coordination, and preparation of proposals and related business development activities. The Biology Project Manager may be required to conduct biological fieldwork on occasion; however, primary responsibilities are not fieldwork-related.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an environmental science, biology or related field.
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated experience in the environmental field carrying out biological resources or similar projects as a consultant or agency staff member.
- Minimum 3 years focused experience serving as project manager on multiple projects for a variety of clients, including direct client and agency interface, managing sub consultants, reviewing work products, and completing multiple and simultaneous tasks within time and budget constraints; management of compliance programs and renewable energy projects would not be sufficient for this experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience leading and assisting with business development and marketing efforts, including proposal preparation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing biological technical report and related CEQA reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to complete projects within time and budget constraints
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Master’s degree or higher in biology, natural resources, or related field
- Strong client and agency relationships.
- Demonstrated experience leading or assisting with regulatory permitting in California with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and Regional Water Quality Control Board.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent, large-scale biological, natural resource, or similar projects in California for both public and private sector clients.
- Experience preparing or managing biological resources technical studies in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.
- Experience managing or preparing CEQA and NEPA documents.
- On the list of County of San Diego Approved CEQA Consultants for Biological Resources, County of Riverside Authorized Biological Consultants, and/or other qualifications demonstrating high level of understanding with local agency requirements.
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates should apply through CareerBuilder by sending a cover letter and resume using the “Apply Now” link below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons to apply.