Biology Operations Manager – San Diego County
HELIX is seeking a proactive and collaborative Biology Operations Manager to join our team of talented and dedicated biologists in our San Diego County headquarters office located in La Mesa, California.
The Biology Operations Manager’s responsibility is to lead and manage the operational efficiency for our field and research activities, staff training, and proposal preparation and business operations support for the HELIX Biology Department. This individual contributor will take the lead in managing many aspects of biology operations, including regular communication with biologists, biology division group managers, and other staff members within HELIX. Specific duties may include the following:
- Lead staff and equipment scheduling using HELIX’s existing scheduling software and assist with workload management.
- Maintain tracking system to ensure field work is scheduled, completed, and reports are submitted by due dates.
- Prepare letter proposals and assist with larger proposal pursuits.
- Interact with existing and potential clients.
- Provide integrated project support through assistance with project planning and implementation, data organization, report writing, resume updates, and other operations-related items.
- Provide production support related to survey reports and technical reports.
- Maintain the Biology Division’s permits and certifications, including required reporting.
- Maintain Biology Division tracking logs of completed training and upcoming training opportunities and assist with Biology Division’s trainings.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinate with the Biology Division Manager with regard to division’s financials, budgets, and operations plan.
- Contribute towards the Biology Division’s and company’s strategic planning goals.
- Contribute towards operational improvements in the Biology Division, as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, natural resources, or related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology not acceptable); or equivalent experience in a similar role will also be considered
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record over the last 3 years
- Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail and excellent communication skills, including using creativity and analytical skills to develop solutions to challenging situations
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a team player
Additional Skills Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge of southern California flora and fauna, biological surveys, and environmental and permitting requirements
- Experience with environmental consulting and/or proposal writing
- Experience with assisting on project planning and implementation
- Biological database organization
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must send a cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.