As-Needed Archaeologists – San Diego County
HELIX is currently seeking As-Needed Archaeologists to support our San Diego County headquarters office located in La Mesa.
As-Needed Archaeologist responsibilities may include records searches and background research, field surveys, excavation (testing and data recovery), construction monitoring, lab work (cleaning, sorting, and cataloging artifacts), and assistance with report preparation. Candidates must be comfortable with strenuous hiking and working in remote and desert areas; possess knowledge of the archaeology and culture history of California. Candidates must be willing to learn new tasks and must have a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of the archaeology and culture history of California
- Ability to identify artifacts and cultural features
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and 3 years clean driving record
- Ability to do strenuous hiking and work full days in remote/desert area
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Be self motivated
Additional skills considered a plus:Experience in Southern California archaeology highly preferred
- City of San Diego-qualified monitor
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- One year field experience
- Experience in preparing DPR forms
- Experience with GPS equipment
- Proficiency in Access and Photoshop
Dependent on experience (DOE)
Qualified candidates must apply through CareerBuilder.com, accessible by clicking “Apply Now” below.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage minorities, females, veterans, and disabled persons to apply.